“Roll” With It
Falcons quarterback Desmond Ridder left no doubt he was ready for the challenge of leading his team to a victory in their upcoming home game against the Carolina Panthers.
“Oh I’m ready to roll, there ain’t no doubt about it,” he said at a team presser today. “I’m ready to go out. Every single one of those guys in my locker room got my back and I got theirs.”
He said he was a lot less anxious this season than last season and he wants to keep being prepared and ready to play. “I’ve prepared throughout the week. I prepared for this moment and where I need to be, so I don’t make a moment too big or not making a moment too little,” he said “It’s just going in there knowing what I have to do and how to do it. ” He spoke of being prepared for the moment and the pressure of being a starting quarterback.
“The job of the position of quarterback, I feel that pressure every single day making sure everyone is where they need to be, ” he said.
Arthur Talks to the Press
Head Coach Arthur Smith took questions from the Atlanta sports press at Flowery Branch today. Among some of the most interesting things to emerge from the meeting…
- He said he doubts that every player will be 100% ready going into the opening of the season, but he thought the team had been productive at training camp. “Everything we’ve done to try to build up to this point we feel good about,” said Smith.
- CB Jeff Okudah, who is out due to an ankle injury, is improving and is expected to be back on the field soon. “He’s getting close,” he said.
- Smith continues to praise RB Dijan Robinson and how he has been carrying himself both on and off the field so far. “He’s exactly who I thought he was and in some ways, he’s more mature than I realized at handling expectations and pressure,” he said. “I give Dijan a lot of credit he does a good job handling that stuff.”
- He emphasized that he is pleased so far with how the defense, offense and special teams have worked out during training.
- He batted down continued speculation over whether Desmond Ridder is up to the task of starting QB. “”We wouldn’t put him outthere if we weren’t confident,” he said.
Much has been said about the “joker” position that running back Cordarrelle Patterson is taking on in the Falcon’s newly released depth chart. Head Coach Smith said that the Joker designation means Patterson can be used in any capacity on the team, like a jack of all trades. Patterson has been getting ready for that new role too by taking meetings with offensive line coach Dwayne Ledford, wide reciever coach T.J. Yates, running back coach Michael Petrie, special teams coordinator Marques Williams, and Coach Smith to view film and plan game moves. Based on his social media, Patterson is defintely getting into his new role.
— cordarrelle patterson (@ceeflashpee84) September 5, 2023
Wait till they get a load of him!
Quavo Rides with the Dirty Birds!
He knows what’s (rising) up!
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) September 6, 2023
Falcons Rally at Atlantic Station
The Falcons are inviting fans to a get together to rally the team to victory. On Friday September 8th at Atlantic Station, the team, along with sponsor Truist, will have a kickoff party featuring a performance by Atlanta hip hop artist T.I.. The free rally will be hosted by announcer/ Majic 107.5/97.5 host Ryan Cameron and Chelsea Phillips Tafoya. Apperances by current Falcons players, Head Coach Arthur Smith, General Manager Terry Fontenot, the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders and Freddie Falcon. Giveaways are also expected. At all starts 7 PM Friday night.
Happy Dirty Bird B’day
Desmond Ridder (Aug 31)
Calais Campbell (Sept 1)